Happy Canada Day!


Happy Canada Day, to my Canadian Family and Friends!
 
I may live in the U.S., but I am still very much Canadian, eh?
 
A little history -- July 1st is a Canadian national holiday which celebrates the anniversary of the July 1, 1867 enactment of the Constitution Act, which united three colonies within the British Empire into a single country called Canada.
 
Happy Birthday, Canada! 
 
I wish there was a Canadian television station available to watch some of the fireworks and celebrations throughout the nation.  Thank goodness for the internet -- I'm sure I'll find some pictures there!
 
Not much celebration going on where I live, so to celebrate in my crafty fashion, a decorated fireplace mantle is always a good place to start!
 
I created everything with my Silhouette Studio software and beloved Cameo, and used the lantern and hot air balloon files I purchased from SVGCuts.com to bring some fun elements to the décor.  Nice, eh!
 







 
To my Sister, have a cold Kokanee beer for me and make sure you wear sunscreen while boating on the lake!

Have a safe holiday everyone!

Comments

  1. Have a wonderful Canada Day, Sammy. Love the decorations! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts