Framed Charm Necklaces

Hey, All!
 
I wanted to make something for my sweet Sister-in-Law and Niece for their spring birthdays.  They are up in Canada, so I had to think and make something quickly because it takes a month in Sundays to get something up there by mail. 
 
I turn on my Silhouette program everyday, just in case something pops in my head to work on and to also check which goodies I can't live without in the Silhouette Online Store.  I'm addicted to all the 3d files in there.  But, this time, I needed to make something that was shippable to Canada.  A paper box or lamp or flower pot definitely won't make it up there.  But a cute necklace would!  I had on hand some frame charms that are 1" square.  Hmmm, what would go good in there?  I thought of cutting out flowers and or a cute simple quilt block (that's what I did for their b-day cards), but instead I came across these adorable tiles.  I shrunk them down to fit the charm, layered them on my desired colors and cut them out.  I used my Spica glitter pen to sparkle up the colored parts and sandwiched them between the acrylic tiles and popped them in the frame.  I added a chain and some charms and beads to match the color of the tile and came up with these adorable necklaces.

It's hard to be creative sometimes, but those good ideas are always lurking in the back of our minds.

Here's hoping they made it up there!
 


 

Comments

Popular Posts