Wine Cork Decor

We have an abundance of wine corks in a cute container on the counter.  Had no idea what to do with them all.  Searched Pinterest and came across an idea for those décor balls that you see on a coffee table or in a large glass vase.  Hmmm.  The wheels in my head turned quite a bit, then I headed to Walmart's craft section and found a pack of Styrofoam balls.  I think they are about 4" in diameter.  Got out the hot glue gun and glued the corks to the balls (and burned my fingers in the process too!).  After they were done, they looked goofy.  Just wine corks glued to a Styrofoam ball.  What do I fill in the gaps with?  Back to Walmart and in the floral department I found sheets of moss on clearance.  Jackpot!  I cut the moss into small squares (maybe 1" or so) and used small straight pins to pin them in the gaps between the corks.  Took forever, but the result was much better!
 
 
 
I see Christmas decorations being my next wine cork craft -- Stay tuned!
 

Comments

Popular Posts