Chalk Paint Project

Well, Hello!

I have found my new crafting love.  Chalk Paint.  Love the stuff!  It goes on so smooth and after it is buffed up with the cream wax, the results are gorgeous!

My project this past weekend was a small side table I found at the thrift store for $10.  Not very pretty, but I could see it's potential.




























Next, I found some cute lace designs in my Silhouette's library and cut them out of some vinyl to use as a mask.  Then I painted the top and the bottom shelf with Americana Décor Chalky Finish paint in Everlasting (a nice white).




























Then I applied the vinyl masks, centering them up by eye on the surfaces.




























Then I applied a top coat of chalky finish paint in Escape (a lovely light turquoise blue).






















































After it was dry, I applied a coat of the dark cream wax.  I used a paint brush first and then used a rag to wipe it over and buff it up.
























































After that had dried, I carefully peeled up the vinyl mask.





























The mask picked up a bit of the white paint in spots, so I just touch them up a bit with a small brush.




























Then I applied a light coat of the dark wax to the white areas to make it look not so bright and after that had dried, I applied a coat of clear wax to the top and bottom shelf and buffed it up for a nice subtle shine.




























The finished product turned out so sweet!  Looks like it has always been this way.





























 
Looks like I'll be starting up garage-saling this spring and turning out some more cute treasures!

Comments

Popular Posts