Beach 48 Miles

Good Morning!
 
The mini-heatwave we had has gone and the weather has settled down into the 80's.  Much more palatable for me!
 
Over at Lincoln City on the beautiful Oregon Coast, the weather sits at a lovely 65 degrees F, sunny with a bit of fog moving in later.  My kinda weather!  I would love to have a little cottage at the beach to escape the heat in the valley during summer.   One day perhaps...
 
Considering we only live 48 miles from the beach, I decided to make a sign for the patio to remind us of that. 
 
I used a pretty wood board measuring 9.25" x 48" and put a coat of chalk paint on in the tropical blue color called "Escape".  I made the lettering mask in the Silhouette Studio and used my Cameo to cut it out of vinyl.  I applied it to the blue board and put a coat of crackle medium over the top.  After it dried, I put a coat of white chalk paint "Everlasting" and let that dry too.  I used my pick to peel up the vinyl letters and put a coat of matte varnish to help protect it from the elements.  The result was awesome!  It adds that little something extra to the patio to make it feel like a vacation retreat.
 
Now, who's ready for a glass of wine on the patio!
 
 









 
 

Comments

Popular Posts