Fall Mantle

Hello, Everyone!

Well it is finally September!  I have been waiting what seems like forever for the heat to finally go away and the tomatoes to ripen up.  I have about 8 different tomato plants in the garden and they are producing some gorgeous fruit.  It has cooled of nicely in the Willamette Valley and the rains have come and freshened everything up.  I even got to light a nice smelling candle and am looking forward to a hot tub on a nice cool night!

While it isn't technically fall yet (I have to wait until the 23rd until Hubby will let me get out all the decorations and totally pumpkinize the house!), I went ahead and made some fall decorations for the mantle anyway.

The first is a cute banner that I made from a DCWV kit I purchased at Joann's on sale a couple weeks back (you can find it here along with some other cute stuff of theirs).  It is made from paperbacked canvas and printed cardstock.  It is kind of summery with its colors and the cute pin wheels, but it has owls too, so that makes it kinda fall like.  Plus the Oregon State Fair is going on right now and the banner has a fair-like quality to it.  I made the fall letters out of some printable canvas and tried to match the colors as close as possible to the colors in the pennants.  It was easy to cut out with scissors and took a couple hours to cut it all out and hot glue it all together.  Turned out super cute.

The other decorations were made from some digital cut files at SVGCuts.com from the Enchanted Autumn set (found here).  The Owl is a gift box (the head comes off), as well as the Pumpkin Carriage.  I put some vellum in the door of the carriage and will put a battery light inside to make it glow at night.  Darn cute!  The Cornstalks will have some battery tealights inside and they would look adorable as a decoration for a harvest dinner table.  Everything was easy to put together thanks to the wonderful video tutorials they have for the projects.

Thanks for stopping by and I will be sharing some more decorations soon!









#SVGCuts
#DCWV
#supercute

Comments

Popular Posts