Seahorse Frame Art

Happy February, Everyone!

The holiday decorations have been put away and now the house looks naked.  Time to make some new home décor! 

My lotto fantasy is to own a cottage at the beach and decorate the whole thing beach/ocean theme.  Right down to the starfish shower curtain in the bathroom, to the rattan stools and seashell coffee table on the deck.  White walls and cupboards, sea glass for the back splashes, and a cool blue granite for the counter tops.  Heaven.  Well, I don't have that so I will have to just bring a bit of the beach into my home décor.

I checked out the usual home décor online stores and Pinterest (of course!) and came across some cute pillows and wall art with sea creatures on them and was hooked!  So, I decided to start small, no sewing, and found a white 8x10 frame, a burlap sheet from my stash and some pretty papers from DCWV (the Linen Closet collection).  I found the perfect Seahorse in my Seaside kit from SVGCuts.com.  I did a few offset cuts in different patterns of paper and used some foam dots to stack them up for dimension.   I glued a button down for an eye and some more to represent seaweed.  Cute!  I ended up removing the glass from the frame entirely; it didn't want to fit back in the frame with the thickness of the burlap sheet.  No problem!  I will find another use for the glass I'm sure.

I'd love to hear what you think in the comments!






Comments

Popular Posts