Frosted Vinyl Lanterns

Have you ever bought something and had no idea what to do with it?  I bought some cute, green, rustic looking lanterns from the craft store about 5 or so years ago, and could never find battery candles skinny enough to fit in them.  I tried putting regular string lights in them with some greenery and sparkly stuff at Christmas, but they just looked goofy.  After a while, I tried to sell them on the local Buy/Sell Facebook group and never got any takers for them.  I even tried to sell them in a garage sale a few years ago and they never even got looked at.  I guess $10 for the pair was too much.  So, into the spare room they went, tucked in a corner to collect dust until I could figure out what I wanted to do with them.  

Then, this morning, a light bulb went off in my head.  I had bought some frosted vinyl a while back and hadn't used it on a project yet.  I totally forgot about it!  So, I went on the hunt in the crap, I mean, craft room for it and found it tucked inside another roll of vinyl.  I opened up the Silhouette Design Studio, dusted off the Cameo and found some cute folk art in my library.  I took some bits and pieces from different files and came up with an adorable design.  I cut the design 4 times, weeded out the bits I didn't want and used some transfer tape to help adhere the designs to the glass on both sides of the lanterns.  I had some white rice lights in my stash that I had bought after the holidays and put them inside the lanterns.  They have a 6 hour auto on/off timer so I don't have to worry about turning them on and off all the time.  They turned out super cute and brighten up the corner shelf nicely!




Thanks for stopping by!




Comments

Popular Posts