Chicken Lazy Susan

A while back, I went out to a few garage sales and came across a beautiful wooden, tabletop lazy susan for $3.  Score!  It was in great shape and I couldn't figure out why no one snatched it up.  Their loss is my gain!
 
While I have never lived on a farm or even out in the country, I love all things country/farmhouse looking.  Especially, kitchen décor.  I'm not super keen on the rustic look though, more the look of when it was new. It is a homey, comforting look and I think it suits our little house perfectly.
 
For this project, I found a nice silhouette of a chicken and made a background that resembles chicken wire.  I offset the chicken by about 1/2" and deleted the interior of the chicken wire, so that the chicken could nest in the middle.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the design out of vinyl, weeded away the excess and applied the mask to the top of the lazy susan.  The lazy susan was painted a dark blue/gray color.  After the mask was applied, I painted over the top with a light clay color.  After all was dry, I peeled off the mask and revealed the adorable chicken and wire.  Turned out really nice!  A coat of wax to seal it up and it is ready to be displayed, and used, in the kitchen. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are making something!
 
 






 
 

Comments

Popular Posts