Using the WRMK Foil Quill with my Silhouette Cameo 4

 



I haven't played around with my Cameo for a while, so I thought I would take the chance to brush up on my Silhouette Cameo 4 skills and learn some new stuff.  I found a great class and I am learning a few more tips and tricks with regards to crafting with this fun piece of technology.  

If you are not familiar with Silhouette America, the Silhouette Cameo 4 is a desktop cutting machine that lets crafters cut (or draw) digital designs out of paper, cardstock, vinyl, fabric and a variety of other materials. The software used is called Silhouette Studio and the basic version of the software is available for free, with paid upgrades depending on your crafting needs. I have been a Silhouette user since way back when it first came out under the Quikutz brand about 15 years ago.  The software back then was very intimidating and there wasn't a lot of training available, but I figured it out and have come across tons of helpful videos and training since.  

For this project, I used my We R Memory Keepers (WRMK) Foil Quill. This tool is a like heat pen that goes into the blade holder and is used with a special type of foil to add designs to cards and scrapbook pages.  I'll start at the beginning on how the project process worked.

First off, I got my design sized up in Silhouette Studio and added the sketch and cut lines. 

Sketch Lines in Purple

These purple lines are where the Cameo will sketch with the foil quill heat tool over the foil I taped onto the cardstock.


These red lines are where the Cameo will cut out the wreath with the Autoblade.

Then I printed it out on cardstock with the registration marks; they help the Cameo read where to cut (red) and sketch (purple).  I taped the foil over top of the design, being careful not to hide the registration marks. Then into the machine it went.  The machine reads the registration marks and then proceeds to "draw" the lines as they are on the screen.


After the cardstock had been foiled, I'd removed the mat from the machine and gently removed the tape and the foil to expose the beautifully foiled designs! 






I put the mat back into the machine with the cardstock still attached, let it read the registration marks, and off it went to cut out the pretty wreaths.



After it was all done, I carefully removed the wreaths from the mat and then cut out a card base and made a cute sentiment to attach to the card with the same foiling technique I used for the wreaths. 





Super cute or what!? Someone is getting this little cutie for Christmas.  

I wonder who it will be... 😏

Sammy








 

Comments

Popular Posts