Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Halloween Art - Dead and Breakfast Fortune Teller


Halloween Art - Dead and Breakfast Fortune Teller

I know, I know, we are barely into August and a long ways off until Halloween.  But you know what? I'm gonna make Halloween stuff anyway! 🎃😀😁😂🎃

This masterpiece was a fun one to do. I went through my stash and found a bunch of different Halloween/Pumpkin related mesh stencils and decided to do a mash-up collage kind of art piece.  I'm sure there's a fancy name for it, but I can't think of it.

First, I distressed the 18"x18" shiplap surface with a crackle effect with white and black paint. Nice and old looking, right? So perfect for this project! Next, I gathered up my mesh stencils and played around with their positioning until I found a pattern that I liked. I used mainly shimmer chalk pastes for this project, with the exception of the skeleton, which I did first in a Bright White chalk paste and then overlaid the stencil again and used Shimmer White. Love the effect! Kind of hard to see in the pictures, but you get the idea.







All the supplies were from Chalk Couture. Some of the designs are retired, but I'm sure if you want to recreate this masterpiece, you will have no problem finding your muse in other designs!

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!
Sammy









No comments:

Post a Comment