Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Needle Felted Cosmic Egg


This little needle felted cosmic egg was a lesson in patience and a labor of love. 💕 I had purchased a kit from Amazon a while back, but I couldn't find any good videos to show me what to do. I came across the Sacred Spirit Weavers website while searching and was instantly intrigued!  A Medicine Spirit Doll? That's exactly what I was looking for! Then, as if my mind was being read, a class was coming up to make one of these dolls. Holy moly, I was so excited, I signed up right away!  

This little cosmic egg was the first project in the class.  A perfect start for a beginner like me. Like I said, a test in patience for sure. Needle felting is not meant to be a quick crafting experience. So, I put on some nice and relaxing meditation music I found on Insight Timer and I set to work. An hour can go by very quick when you are felting!  My eyeballs were a bit wonky after that, so I smartened up and set the time for 15 minute increments. Much better! 

This little cutie is filled with my intentions and dried flowers - Rose for balance and love, Calendula for protection and strength, and Lavender for calming and joy.  The shape came out looking more like a russet potato 🥔 or a small dinosaur egg 🦕, but I think for my first ever needle felting project and cosmic egg, it looks pretty cute. 😍





♥ Sammy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment