Apples & Peanut Butter Yogurt

Hey, Everyone!
 
The Hubby and I are on a quest for better health and to also shed quite a few unwanted pounds.  We've learned that in order to lose weight, you do have to eat.  I was a horrible eater.  I didn't like breakfast, definitely didn't have a snack, lunch was whatever I could find in a pinch, and I really over did it at supper.  I love supper.  Roasted whatever on the Traeger, potatoes, pasta casserole, maybe some veggies, and throw in some home baked bread.  Mmmm, that was what I liked.  My metabolism must have figured I was a bear going into hibernation because by eating the way I was, I was telling my body to store up fat for the winter.   And it did.
 
So, now when I go grocery shopping I grab carrots, celery, and peppers and cut them up to fit in the little snack bags for snacks during the day.  Works out to be a cup of veggies in the bag.  I try to have at least 2 veggie bags during the day, have lots of veggies and/or salad at supper.  For my morning snack, I like to make a smoothie with the V8 Fruit Fusion Pomegranate and Blueberry (there's tomatoes in this juice, not just carrots), a tablespoon of psyllium fiber and a scoop of whey protein.  I have that after I exercise at Curves.
 
My afternoon snack requires a smart carb, a protein, and a veggie pack.  My smart carb of choice is a nice small Gala apple.  Peanut butter is a great protein, provided it is a natural peanut butter;  roasted peanuts and salt.  That's it.  Apples and peanut butter taste great together, but it was kind of difficult to scoop the peanut butter on the apples.  And the portion of peanut butter was only a tablespoon.  Not a lot.  So, I decided to try and mix it with some plain 0% fat Greek Yogurt in equal portions (half a cup of each), and added a small squirt of honey in with it.  Mix it all up good together and voila,  Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip.  Delish!
 
I think this is a great snack for kids and adults alike!
 

Take the time to eat something healthy!

Comments

Popular Posts