Mixed Media - Enjoy & Create!

Hey, Everyone! Thanks for stopping by! My latest mixed media projects turned out super cute, if I do say so myself! I got a lot of great ideas from a bunch of artists on YouTube and attempted to re-create the ones that caught my eye the most.  Collage is so much fun! 

This first one, Enjoy the Journey, was some scrapbook papers I ripped up into rectangles and then glued down overlapping one another, kind of like brickwork. I painted over with a light coat of gesso and used some water color pencils and a fine tip marker to add some details. I like to take my time and tend to have quite a few "Squirrel!" moments of crafting distractions, so it took me a few afternoons to get it done. 



I added some stencilled texture pasted and painted them with some iridescent water color paints to help them stand out a bit. I love how it all turned out! Definitely going to try these techniques again!








Now, this little cutie, Create, was done with a few coats of about five different colors of paint, all blended together.  I cut some cute handwriting scrapbook paper I had in my stash into a heart with my Silhouette Cameo 4, but you could easily just cut it out with some scissors.  I used a Stabilo pencil to outline the heart and smudged it with some water and a paintbrush, and then inked the edges of the paper in a brown. I just used a white marker to add some details.  The words for both pieces I found online and printed them on a piece of Lazertran waterslide decal paper I had in my stash. They didn't stick like I thought they would, so I just used some matte gel medium to glue them into place.








I had fun making these and will definitely be making more!

Thanks again for stopping by and please leave a comment! 
♥ Sam





 

Comments

Popular Posts