Homespun Flag

Hi, Everyone!

The last day of June is upon us and the 4th of July is just next week!  Where does the time go!

My project today was quick and simple.  An adorable vintage looking American flag in a box frame.

Here's how I did it:


I gathered up my supplies:

Clear Wax (I used Waverly which can be found in most craft sections)


I waxed my surface with a coat of the Waverly clear liquid wax, let dry, and then buffed with an old t-shirt rag to smooth out the surface.


I used Liberty and Candy Apple as my flag colors.  The pastes were a little dry, so I spritzed them with some distilled water and gave them a stir.



C192131 Homespun Flag



Because my surface was already white, I only needed to use the top portion of the transfer.


I gave the transfer a quick fuzzing and placed it on my box frame surface.


I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like after I put the paste on the transfer, but all I did was take my squeegee and dragged the paste over the screened part of the transfer.


I gently pulled up the transfer from left to right and Ta Da!!  Instant art!!


I like the rustic look of it!  Looks great on the mantle with my beach themed decor!



Thanks for stopping by!  If you have any questions about Chalk Couture, just let me know.  I am happy to answer! 🙂 






Comments

Popular Posts