Felt Flower Topiary




























Hello Spring!
 
Although the weather has been lovely as of late, it's not quite time to plant the garden or get the hanging baskets ready.  I feel at least two more frosty nights coming.  So, I figured I might as well flower up the inside of the house with some pretty felt flowers.  I used some really nice felt and some rolled flower dies that I purchased from My Favorite Things.  I used a printable magnet sheet to adhere the dies to and ran the felt through the eBosser.  It cut beautifully and I didn't have to use the extra shim. The thickness of the magnet sheet was perfect. 























































For the topiary base, I used a small terra cotta pot painted cream with block of foam on the inside to hold the dowel stem and put some dried moss on top.  I painted the foam ball a green color (the white was too bright and showed through).  I rolled up the felt flowers and used hot glue to hold them together.  I used pearl stick pins to attach them to the foam ball in a random fashion and finished it off with a green ribbon bow.































The pretty topiary compliments my teapot collection nicely!

Comments

Popular Posts