My First Project!!

Hi, Everyone!!  I have completed my first Chalk Couture project and I love it!  I was going to do a live Facebook video of it, but I didn't want to torture you for 2 hours (you're welcome!).  I thought pictures of everything as I went along would be a better idea.  Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest, but you will get the gist of it!

Let's Chalk!!

Gather everything you need in the beginning.  I filled a sheet pan with water to put the transfer(s) in to remove the paste before it dried.

Use a marker to mark the back of the transfer.  This way you will know where everything goes after you cut it apart and also so that you know to stick the transfer to the other side, which is glossy.

Stir the pastes in the beginning.  They have a foil seal and it is very messy to take off.
The paste will look quite nasty after the foil is removed, so just give it a good stir and all is well.  The white paste I got with my kit was the older version and didn't have the foil seal.  It was quite thick, but once I stirred it up, all was well!

Cut all of your pieces apart and put them off to the side.

"Fuzz" your transfer.  Stick it to a towel and then gently pull it off -- top to bottom or side to side -- This just takes away some of the stickiness of the adhesive.

Gently place the transfer to your surface, eyeballing it as close to center as you can.  Smooth out any bubbles with your squeegee and make sure it is stuck down.

Lesson 1 - Do the big area first.  I did the small part first and it dried too quickly and the paste didn't stick to the surface. 




When done, gently pull up the transfer -- top to bottom or side to side -- not corner to corner because it will stretch and warp the transfer.  See, the "Est'" part didn't stick.  And I smudged the bottom with my finger.  Have some Q-Tips on hand to fix the little boo-boos.

Put in water right away.  The green did stain the transfer a bit, but not to worry, it won't affect the project when you use it again.  Use some wipes to help clean up the paint on the transfer.

Let it dry before sticking it onto it's backing.

See, there's my boo-boo.  Darn fingers!  Like I said, have a couple Q-Tips on hand to take care of those. 

Let it dry between additional transfers and carry on!



I just used my finger to put paste on the tiny transfers, but I think I will get another squeegee and cut it in half for the thin areas.




After everything had dried, I put the first transfer back on to get the "Est" on there.



Voila!  The finished project!  It turned out really nice!  Take your time with your projects and don't expect perfection.  If you don't like it, you can wash it off and start again (only on CC chalkboard surfaces, any other surface you will have to wax it first).



Thanks for stopping by!
If you have any questions about Chalk Couture, just let me know!
Sam



Comments

Popular Posts