Pumpkin Patch Truck

Hey, Everyone!  I don't know about you, but I am totally ready for Fall to get here!  I am not loving the heat and with all of the forest fires going on in BC, Washington, Idaho and California, the wind has shifted a lot of the smoke to the Willamette Valley here in Oregon.  I am very thankful to have air conditioning and lots of projects to keep me busy in the house!

For today's Chalk Couture project, I am using the Vintage Truck and Fall Add-on transfers on an Aiden Antique White 12" x 18" Chalkboard.  

Let's Chalk!



Here's the layout I chose.  I love everything pumpkin, so that's what I went with.  The set also includes transfers for corn, apples, and hay bale themes.  This transfer is very versitile!

I placed the bottom body of the truck first and used the Couture Teal chalk paste for the body color of the truck.


I used Orange Peel chalk paste for the pumpkin patch piece.  I love the texture on the words!

I unintentionally applied a thick layer of paste to the truck body and was taking a while to dry, so I grabbed the blow dryer and sped up the process!

Next came the arrow and the truck itself.  I had heard a few misgivings about this transfer and that it peeled up some of the chalk paste from the bottom layer.  I made sure I laid it gently on the surface and didn't apply extra pressure to the transfer.  My white chalk paste was a little thick and I should have thinned it out a bit with some water.  The truck turned out perfect and the transfer did not ruin the teal body of the truck!


Next came the pumpkins.  So cute!!

I used the blow dryer again to help the pumpkins dry faster so that I could add the stems.


After I added the stems, I decided to use the truck transfer again and use a brown chalk paste on the wood looking bed of the truck.  In hindsight, I wish that I didn't.  I liked it better with the white.  Oh, well ~ next time!  That's the nice thing about these transfers; they are reuseable up to about 10 times, so you will get LOTS of projects out of them!

Super cute!!

Love the texture on the words!

I think it turned out awesome and any little bits of finger and chalk marks were easily wiped away with a damp cloth.  I love it!  This is definitely mantle worthy!

Thanks for stopping by!  More Fall projects to come!




Comments

Popular Posts