Fall Decorations

 



Well, my new Fall decorations are a bit late and I didn't put out my usual full-on pumpkin display this year.  In my last post, I shared my new Fall tradition of putting up the "Christmas" tree, but with Fall decorations ~ the Fall Celebration Tree.  Next year, my plan is to put the tree up at the beginning of October along with all my Fall decorations, and I will probably add some Halloween decorations on it as well.  What the heck ~ why not?  🎃 

You all know I love my crafts, especially my chalk art!  I had to make at least a few new chalk art items to put on display.  The Fall Blessings is Chalk Couture's November's Club Couture transfer and other one, Autumn Skies & Pumpkin Pies, is an adorable 5"x7" transfer that fits perfectly on the CC Board & Pillar surface.  Sooooo cute!!  Did you know that Chalk Couture™ dabbles in ink as well? I tried my hand at some pillow covers the other weekend. It's the exact same technique ~ lay the reusable silk screen stencil on the fabric and smooth out the bubbles. Apply your ink with a squeegee. Remove stencil, wash and dry it for another day. Let the ink air dry (overnight or so), then heat set. I threw mine in the dryer on high for about 5 minutes after the ink was dry ~ I won't be washing them, but I might just spray them with some Scotch Guard to protect them from spills. I think I'll put some Christmas designs on the back of them so that they are reversible and I can just pack them away after the holidays.  









Thanks for stopping by and Happy Fall, Y'all!!




Comments

Popular Posts