Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Easy Homemade Jam for the Freezer

If you like a good jam or preserve but don't enjoy all the sugar and the canning part, you can always make some chia seed jam for the freezer!  


I use frozen and thawed organic berries (I like the mixed berry ones), chia seeds, raw honey, lemon zest and juice, and some vanilla extract.  I followed the recipe on the back of the Bob's Red Mill chia seed bag and I ended up doubling it for the amount of berries that were in the bag.  I added the zest and juice of a fresh lemon and raw honey instead of agave nectar.  Super easy, not loaded in tons of sugar, and you can actually taste the fruit.  Very tasty!




I just used some little half pint jars and a few jelly jars that I had on hand. I found some regular size plastic lids made by Ball for canning jars for storage and freezing (check Walmart in the canning section). Much nicer than the metal lids and rings.



They just have to cool and I'll put one in the fridge to have with oatmeal in the morning for breakfast and maybe a PB&J for lunch, and the rest will go in the freezer for another day.

Thanks for stopping by and happy jamming!

♥ Sammy








No comments:

Post a Comment